--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"
> <george.deforest@> wrote:
> >
> > hey Kirk -- free jyotish software!  www.jyotishtools.com
> >

> *********
>
> Caveat emptor (even for freebies):
>
> the "systems approach" is significantly different than the approach
> taken by Maharishi Jyotish -- I would reccommend Parashara's Light if
> you want an accurate chart http://www.parashara.com/

Just noticed that the Parashara's Light website (under "links") sez
that this site will give a free chart using Parashara's Light software
to make the computation:

http://www.astroastro.com/

sez that about 80% of the reports are free:

http://www.astroastro.com/reports/reports.asp

I used a freebie non-Parashara's Light software program to calculate my
chart several years ago (it's no longer available, as far as I know --
can't remember the name -- maybe it was Jagannatha, which Alex Stanley
provided the link to) -- everything was the same except for strength of
grahas, which is important, and I'm quite sure the Parashara's Light
version of planetary strengths was the accurate one, so I can't
recommend any program but PL.