bob_brigante wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "george_deforest"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> hey Kirk -- free jyotish software!  www.jyotishtools.com
>>

> *********
>
> Caveat emptor (even for freebies):
>
> the "systems approach" is significantly different than the approach
> taken by Maharishi Jyotish -- I would reccommend Parashara's Light if
> you want an accurate chart http://www.parashara.com/

There is nothing wrong with Systems Approach.  I've used it myself and
it can produce very excellent insights into the  horoscope.  Most Indian
astrologers (especially the village ones) don't use a lot of techniques
anyway.   That's a hang-up that scatter brained westerners do when they
learn astrology.  They want to apply everything in the Brihat Hora
Shastra. I remember sitting in on one of Hart DeFouw's classes when he
wanted the class to point out some things in a chart and they all went
off on tangents about nakshatras, etc. when all he wanted was something
very basic in the chart itself.   Many free programs are capable of
providing accurate planetary positions.  Be wary of canned computerized
interpretations.  Most are there for guidance in learning anyway.