What's the proverb..for evil to prevail it only takes the good to
remain silent.. Maybe it's time the silent mmajority made itself
heard here. We know that we'd all be better off with discussions that
respected and reflected more the dignity of the individuals concerned
and the aspiring "spirituality" of Fairfield Life as a whole.

So I agree with Lurk that "compassion is what is called for... and
avoid the piling on".. On both sides.

Judy is outnumbered here although can obviously look after herself.
There were certainly attacks on Judy before she joined this group.
But then there seems to be a history between the feuding participants
running for a long time in other discussion groups.

Reminds me of intractible situations such as the Arab-Israeli
conflict. There comes a point when one needs to call a truce, respect
that both sides have been hurt and have some valid grievances, draw a
line on the past and look for something more constructive for the
future, acceptable to both sides, even though not ideal for either.
Above all everyone needs to be able to save face, otherwise a sense
of shame and resentment will trigger another round of "violence".

I also agree with Lurk that when the feuding participants write about
or respond to other topics they make "great contributions", all of
them having very interesting things to say. I wish we had more of
THAT, less of the other..

It may be very foolhardy to stick my neck out like this, as without
meaning to the words I use might be more offensive to one person or
another, but my motive is to encourage more people to start focusing
on the nobler aspects of the individuals involved, whilst recognising
that this unfortunate situation is a hard one to resolve.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> snip
> >
> > But we can. Treat her with the same compassion you
> > would show to a heroin addict. As Richard Williams
> > says, "Don't feed it." Judy LIVES to defend herself
> > against "attacks," real or imagined. Those attacks,
> > and the high she gets from retaliating against them,
> > are her drug of choice. CUT HER OFF, for her own
> > good. Don't give her any more excuses to feed an
> > addiction that is killing her.
>
> Yes compassion is what is called for.  And avoid the piling on.
For