> > What could he have said or done otherwise to get
> > this going with his
> > old TM'er movement?  What went wrong for Maharishi?

Nothing went wrong for Maharishi. He himself says that he is very
fulfilled. Are you in a position to claim that this is untrue ?

Anyway, Maharishi is sending 1000 Pundits to that country and is
funding it. Not exactly a failure, in my opinion.
If anyone is a failure it is the thousands of
meditators/Sidhas/Governors who never really took Maharishi very
serious and found his demand for Tapas to be too demanding. But then
again that is their karma. Nothing wrong with that, it is just the way
it is. It happened to all the Saints that came to the West and will
continue to happen.