From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of TurquoiseB
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:20 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Fairfield should thank its lucky stars...

TGV is *the* way to travel. Picture First Class,
which at my age costs me less than Second Class,
sitting in your comfy seat at 300 kph (180 mph)
not feeling the least bit of shake or vibration
as you watch the telephone poles going by so fast
outside the window that they look like a picket
fence. Picture getting up and walking comfortably
back to the Bar Car at that speed, with no sway,
and no problems walking. Then picture ordering a
glass of pretty acceptable wine from the barman
and setting it down on the table, noticing not a
ripple in the surface of it. It's just so cool.
James Bond would ride the TGV.

How do they make it so smooth? Isn't there a fear that some car could get
stuck at a crossing (no crossings?) or some vandal or terrorist would put
something on the tracks? At that speed, a crash would be catastrophic.