--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >

> > Although I cannot remember the precise wording, in a pamphlet
that was
> > given out freely at the combined SIMS-SRM center on the upper
west
> > side of Manhattan in the late 1960s, we used to hand out a one
page
> > three column pamphlet, yellow or green in color, run off at a
local
> > copy shop, that clearly outlined CC in 5 years, then GC and UC (I
> > don't remember how long for GC and UC but not long) within a few
years
> > after that. I took many of my friends to hear intro lectures at
that
> > center, read that handout many times, and was planning reaching
CC by
> > the time I was done with college then GC and UC by the time I
was done
> > with graduate school.
> >
> > The various lecturers who use to give the intros at that center
(I
> > think on W. 78th Street) would make reference to the handout
given out
> > as people came to hear the lectures.
> >
> > Also, very often at advanced lectures at the same center,
reference
> > was made to 5 years for CC, one to two years more for GC and
then just
> > a bit more for UC.
> >
> > Richard W. may not have seen this handout on the West Coast but
I sure
> > saw it and often in NYC.
> >
> > Kenny Hassman
> >
> I never saw any handouts promising CC in 5 yrs but I wasn't around
in
> the 60s.  IN the 70s it was a common understanding among
initiators at
> the centers that 5-7 yrs was the timeframe for CC and that clearly
> came from earlier MMY lectures.  I think the main pt here isn't
what
> was or wasn't in handouts, but centers on the tmo's use of promises
> over the yrs.  AFter CC didn't come after 5-10 yrs, then the sidhis
> came out and CC faded away.  I was on a few governor courses then
in
> which MMY sent a message at the beginning saying he fully expected
us
> to be hovering by the end of the course.  Then noone hovered after
> many many years and the whole focus shifted to Kaivalya and then
the
> maharishi effect and world peace and utopia in fairfield.  Now that
> that hasn't happened the current course is focused on certain
types of
> experiences involving manifestation or something.  After awhile
> that'll fade and some new thing will emerge.  I don't see why
someone
> doesn't ask MMY on the phone calls in the domes whatever happened
> all the earlier promises like CC?>>

To Gullible Fool, Rich WIlliams, and Boo Lives, and others:

But a lot of people do claim to be in 24 hours bliss, or close
enough to that amount, and that is the same concept as 24 hours
witnessing - ie . CC. When Maharishi asks this question about
experiences, many people answer in the affirmative and a few other
sheep put up their hands just because they think its funny or
something (they often seem to be laughing with a cheesy grin on
their face as if to say: "I'm putting my hand up even though its not
true, because Maharishi must want me to lie"). So Maharishi gets the
answers in the affirmative pretty much, and he is so gung-ho for his
program that even if only a few answered "yes" he would say, "Almost
everyone" anyway.

 I am in a subtle state of bliss maybe 40-50% of the time, and I
know credible friends who have a sense of a subtle state of bliss
all the time. So that means they are experiencing a state in which
stress is more "like a line drawn in sand" (as Maharishi puts it for
CC ), and I am experiencing that less than half of that time. I
often experience bliss during sleep for many hours, and am often
surprised when I wake up in the morning feeling unenlightened (oh
well...some experience is good enough).

Therefore, it is not necessarily true that people are not in CC or
at least some level of that (although the benchmark for CC is that
it is unshakable, permanent, but that doesn't mean that one can't
have temporary experiences of that state, ahead of that permanance,
which may be the cause of many of the reports by people while they
are immersed in WPA's etc.

What do you guys think? Have you never had any good experiences from
TM, that indicate a higher state of consciousness is possible for
you through TM?

OffWorld