TurquoiseB wrote:
>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
>>
>> Fun movie!  Though not for the meek but then you are going
>> to inherit the earth, right?   I understand the DVD will
>> have the "missing reels" and actually it is showing in
>> Europe with the "missing reels."
>>

> It depends on the country. In France, it will be
> shown as two separate movies, with a total running
> time of 250 minutes. (The whole "double feature"
> thang doesn't compute here, because theaters never
> did that in France.)
>
> It doesn't open here until next week. I can hardly
> wait; Rodriguez is one of my favorite directors,
> and Tarantino ain't no slouch.
I'm not sure that it wasn't done in the US because the theaters wouldn't
stand for a 250 minute and probably winced at a 190 minute one.  It
certainly wasn't done for an ratings issues (though maybe given the lame
way they do ratings).   They're basically a couple of "dark comedy"
pieces being that they spoof that genre of film.  Critics hit
Tarantino's film because they thought it was too "talky" or too much
dialog but that is Tarantino (he must be enlightened).   However it does
not lack in action either whereas Rodriguez is mostly action.  It was
NOT shown in digital so I saw it in a smaller auditorium which was
packed but got there early enough to get the "critic's choice" seat.
They still need to bring the sound system which was DTS down a little in
levels either that or most of the populace is deaf nowadays (definitely
a possibility).  I had purchased a pair of nice attenuating ear plugs at
the music store the day before but of course left them in the car so
napkin pieces had to suffice.  :-)

"The Reaping" with Hillary Swank opened the day before really has been
panned by about every critic I've read.  I'll wait for it on DVD to see
if it was that bad.  Anyone here check it out?