From: Bill Blackmore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:38 PM
To: "Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@spamarrest.com
Subject: Railroad Quiet Zone News

Dear Friends of the Quiet Zone

I want to thank every one who has generously contributed to the Fairfield
Safety and Quiet Zone. Every single contribution is greatly appreciated.
Several contributions were as much a $1000 and even $2000. We have received
just over $11,000 in contributions and have pledges for over $25,000.  This
is a good start but not enough to make the impact we need.

If we really want this to happen no one else will do it for us.  We must
raise the money ourselves and accomplish this as a community effort. We now
have almost 500 people on the mailing list. Just $150 from each family
either in a one time donation or just $15 a month will do it. I know many
are planning to help but we need it now to move forward rapidly.

We are working to establish stands that will distribute information and
allow people to make contributions on the spot.  Once the weather improves
we will also have tables at the Farmer's Market, the ArtWalk, etc.  We are
also planning a benefit concert at the downtown Armory on Sat. May 5th.  The
concert will feature the Ron Dean Quartet and the Flapjaw Larry Project.
Please mark this date on your calendar and plan on attending.

The QT committee is working hard to find ways to improve our crossings for
less money so we can reach our goal sooner.

IMPORTANT NEWS-the Federal Railroad Administration has increased the
Nationwide Significant Risk Threshold from 17,030 to 19,047.  What this
means is that it should be easier to qualify for a complete Quiet Zone even
without being able to improve all our crossings immediately.

Again thanks for everyone's support and special thanks to those who have
extended their support with a contribution, as well as thanking those in
advance who will contribute soon to create a safer and quieter Fairfield by
December.

Now two ways to make a tax deductible donation!

1)     By Check made out to A.L.F. Fairfield Train Safety and Quiet Zone (to
PO Box 2302 Fairfield IA 52556).

2)     By credit card.  We have not yet gotten this online, but do have a
merchant account.  To make a credit card donation please send an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with your name and phone and I will contact you with the
details.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Bill Blackmore

www.FairfieldQuietZone.org