--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Rory Goff" <rorygoff@>
> > wrote:
> > during my return to the Dome last summer, I noticed
> > > repeatedly that MMY and I were utterly identical, and *on the
> > basis
> > > of this identity* I felt overwhelming waves of surrender and
> > > devotion for Him, as I did for Guru Dev and for my own
> > > simple/expanded "creator" self while experiencing reality as
its
> > > devic/particular "creature" contraction.
> > >
> > > This dynamic surpised me; I wasn't expecting it -- rather
having
> > > been taught only that it is love/appreciation/devotion which
> > brings
> > > one into unity. At least in my case, however, it appears that
my
> > > heart fully breaks open and surrenders only to itself, truly
> > knowing
> > > complete creature/creator devotion only *upon the basis* of
> unity.
> > >
> > > *L*L*L*
>
>  "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@> wrote:
>
> > the love/appreciation/devotion is the intellect slicing and
dicing
> > love into its linear components so that we can find our
direction.
> > Then once there, established in unity, in an instant the heart
> fully
> > breaks open, and the universe is here; angels, Krishna, Shiva,
> > Vishnu, Guru Dev, Maharishi, mother, father, Fairfield, Iowa,
> anyone
> > at all. The linear yearning of the heart is transformed in an
> > instant, to "unified duality", becoming instantly greater than
the
> > sum of its parts, resting brightly in unity.
>
> Hi, Jim! Yes, beautiful, thank you; I had forgotten -- this
reminds
> me of my first flowering of what I've been calling "Brahman,"
which
> *does* involve a breaking of the Heart as we come to hold
> everything, Absolute and Relative, silence and activity, inner and
> outer, Me and Not-Me, in perfect identity and identical
paradoxical
> perfection Now, THAT alone IS, the simple self. And indeed, all
the
> Archetypes, all things, are then available for communion and
> identity and savoring and darshan. (Also, come to think of it,
there
> had been a *kind* of devotion or love in the deep appreciation of
> and mergence with the Golden "Solar Angel" or Higher Self prior to
> the Dark Night.) And at times thereafter, there would be real
heart-
> wrenching devotion and surrender as one or another aspects of
> God/Goddess would present Him/Herself, and merge into this body.
>
> What I was attempting to describe above, though, was a bit
> different, if I understand you correctly, and hinged upon my later
> and clearer comprehension of the simple self's constant collapse
> into and incarnation as point-selves, as devic beings incarnate in
> space-time (my body-mind, all that is), which instantly experience
> all the effects of what the simple self thinks and feels. The
> slightest ordinary thought of the simple-self, of Purusha, is
> experienced by these point-selves as overwhelming divine Will, and
> is manifested instantly into their/our sensorium as a space-time
> reality. Fully appreciating the utter identity of THESE aspects of
> self, was what allowed a far more intense and complete surrender
and
> devotion of self to self, self to and as Guru/devotee
> simultaneously, self to and as Creator/creature simultaneously.
THIS
> is what fully broke my Heart!
>
> As I read this over, I can see I am still failing to elucidate the
> distinction particularly well. Oh, well. Perhaps the distinction
> lies only in my mind, no matter! :-)
>
> *L*L*L*

It seems like the experience in the Dome for you was one of your
core being expanded greatly through the intense energetic and
magnetic attraction of Maharishi when He has His Attention on You.
He really brings the Absolute into the relative! Like being in the
presence of a friggin' Shiva or something!

The perspective that you express, that of the Universe being You, of
all beings being within you is one that has been very inspiring for
me and I have been able to use it as a shortcut or technique to
rapidly expand my sense of self, and so thank you for that!

Its interesting how just hearing about your perspective as a more
normal way to experience life, as predominating wholeness, made such
perfect sense that I have easily adopted it. Why not?

It is a great and constant challenge to continue to absorb all that
is, within Me. And yet that process occurs by me constantly falling
in love with that which is outside of Me, in order to incorporate it
within the Bliss vortex:-)

Something which amazingly enough can be incorporated into a busy
modern life; picking out colors to paint the house, broke up and
carried out a 2 and 1/2 ton brick bar-b-q (strength of an elephant
on that one I assure you!), got a new great job, now out in my art
studio/shed in the backyard. One of my few and treasured days off.
Windy today, 52 with a 20 mph wind. Chilly for April here, but clear
and sunny anyway.