--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > My statement above was *sarcasm*, a reference to
> > Barry's assertion that what he said about me was
> > "true." ..
>
> I get that you were playing areound a bit. Regardless, my
> response was aimed at (my perception of) the fact that you
> appear to give Barry and his words more importance than is
> there -- as if reacting to a hissing snake when indeed all
> that is there is a very limp rope.

<guffaw>

Actually I was making fun of his image of himself
as a hissing snake.

  In the grand
> scheme of things, his opinion, nor anyone elses, is not that
> important. Not worth reacting to IMO.

Yeah, well, in the grand scheme of things, what
are we doing wasting time on this forum anyway?

In any case, it's not so much a problem with his
*opinions* as that he knowingly says things about
those he doesn't like that are factually false.
I just think that's inexcusable from anybody,
about anybody, but *especially* from someone who
styles himself a long-time seeker, on a supposedly
spiritual forum.

> > I've already suggested putting both of us on
> > moderation (as opposed to suspension) for the
> > time being.
>
> Yes, thats a better plan. Particularly the voluntary
> part. I suggest that the next time Barry baits you,
> simply write Rick, ask that you both be moderated for
> several days, and indicate you will do your utmost to
> stay above the fray.

As I said, I already suggested that.  But Rick
wasn't interested.

> > Suspension with no warning, however, I don't
> > think is appropriate.
>
> Yes, however, moderation without immediate warning would
> seem ok though if that is an established policy.

That's what I meant--if it's announced that such a
policy has been established, then everyone has fair
warning.