Rick Archer wrote:
> [...]
Plus mobile phone in general use frequencies that were used by
television translators for rural areas (this was a means of
rebroadcasting signals from stations in distant cities to areas where
there were no local stations).    These existed since the late 1950s
until the FCC had them move to lower frequencies to open frequencies for
mobile.  Being in rural areas I would think there would have been a
corresponding drop in bee population back then.  However one might argue
that cellular repeat towers would be much closer than the translator
towers which were usually placed on top of mountains.