I'm all for supporting local businesses, but until Rick changes the
> rules, as moderator, I gotta ask that ads for commercial ventures not
> be posted to FFL. Thanks.
>
> I think I should change the guidelines slightly, although I'll have
to give some thought to how, because I myself post commercial
announcements occasionally, if I feel they will be of particular
interest. I've posted things about Jyotish, concerts, and a few other
things. So I don't want to be a hypocrite. If anyone has some
suggestions as to how we can handle this issue tactfully, I'm all ears.

Yea, I'm in total agreement.  This has not been a problem, and I enjoy
the occasional informational postings.  We all know when this line has
been crossed, from information to h.d. soliciting.

lurk