On Apr 20, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Sal Sunshine wrote:

> It is amazing that the law enforcement in Virginia handled this with such stupidity. I have a feeling that after the funeral is over many parents will be questioning why after two students had been murdered on campus the first person they would have thought of is Cho. After all he is the only student who had records with the police station for unusual behavior. They called it an isolated incident and let the classes continue as normal. They should have had an immediate lookout for Cho and told all of the students classes are canceled and to go home. A very poor handling by law enforcement. I predict law suits will follow after the funeral is over and that the hired body of private investigators will cover the Virginia police departments ass. Lsoma.

Lou,
As I understand it, the first shooting was one person, not two.
So calling it an 'isolated incident' at that point was not that far off the mark.

Actually I've now realized what I wrote above was mistaken--it was 2 people in the first shooting, as you said, Lou, at least one of them supposedly at random. That changes things a bit. Now I believe it was seriously remiss of the university not to put the campus on lockdown at that point, as well as send out emails and put out warnings on the radio, until they could apprehend the guy. Lives undoubtedly would have been saved.

And out of 2500 students it's a little hard to believe he was the only one who had a police record. And if they had had an 'immediate lookout' for Cho and it turned out it was someone else? He apparently hadn't been acting that strange for some time previous to that.