--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> the military has EVERYTHING invested in being perceived as white
> knights instead of, you know, professional assassins.

Well, at least professional assassins who
assassinate the wrong people. But it doesn't
look like that was involved in the Blue Angels
crash.

> So stay tuned, sooner or later, I'm counting on you to either
> join my paranoia or to continue to call me on it until I can
> settle down and get it that my fears are driving my conclusions
> into ridiculousness.

T'ain't either/or. There's plenty to be paranoid
about. But it's a matter of using common sense,
picking your battles, and not letting the ones you
do pick consume you (especially not if there's a
battle closer to home you should be paying attention
to). The Blue Angels crash just seems like a poor
choice. If you had been ranting about the Pat
Tillman disgrace, for example, I probably wouldn't
have gotten on your case.

I just got an email from the Innocence Project,
which I support with a few bucks here and there,
about its latest victory, the DNA exoneration of
a 44-year-old guy who had spent *half his freaking
life* in jail on a wrongful rape conviction.
That makes my blood boil.

God knows there's no shortage of things to be
outraged about. You just can't let 'em steal your
peace of mind, nor can you let yourself use them
as an excuse not to deal with your own stuff.