--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "In 1923 Rudolf Steiner predicted the dire state of today's
honeybee.
> He stated that, within fifty to eighty years, we would see the
> consequences of mechanizing the forces that had previously operated
> organically in the beehive. Such practices include breeding queen
bees
> artificially.
>
> http://www.steinerbooks.org/detail.html?id=0880104570
>
> Patrick writing: Steiner is said to have said in a lecture
that "that
> which we experience within ourselves only at a time when our hearts
> develop love is actually the very same thing that is present as a
> substance in the entire beehive. The whole beehive is permeated with
> life based on love. In many ways the bees renounce love, and thereby
> this love develops within the entire beehive."
>
> Back to the book review:
>
> "The fact that over sixty percent of the American honeybee
population
> has died during the past ten years, and that this trend is
continuing
> around the world, should make us aware of the importance of the
issues
> discussed in these lectures. Steiner began this series of lectures
on
> bees in response to a question from an audience of workers at the
> Goetheanum.
>
> "From physical depictions of the daily activities of bees to the
most
> elevated esoteric insights, these lectures describe the unconscious
> wisdom of the beehive and its connection to our experience of
health,
> culture, and the cosmos.
>
> "Rudolf Steiner (Feb. 27, 1861–Mar. 30, 1925) was born in Kraljevic,
> Austria, where he grew up the son of a railroad station chief. As a
> young man, he lived in Weimar and Berlin, where he became a
respected
> and well-published scientific, literary, and philosophical scholar,
> known especially for his work on Goethe's scientific writings. At
the
> beginning of the twentieth century, he began to develop his earlier
> philosophical principles into an approach to methodical research of
> psychological and spiritual phenomena. Steiner formally began his
> spiritual teaching career under the auspices of the Theosophical
> Society, later referring to his spiritual research results and
> philosophy as "Anthroposophy," or spiritual science. His
multifaceted
> genius has led to innovative and holistic approaches in medicine,
> philosophy, religion, education (Waldorf schools), special education
> (the Camphill movement), economics, agriculture (biodynamics),
> science, architecture, and the arts (drama, speech and eurythmy). In
> 1924 he founded the General Anthroposophical Society, which has
> branches throughout the world. He died in Dornach, Switzerland.
>
> http://www.steinerbooks.org/detail.html?id=0880104570

Very interesting post; thank you Patrick! However the great influence
Steiner has had in many fields in the Western world his followers are
somewhat caught up in the past, as the following from Benjamin Creme
might explain :

Q. Aren't there some other disciples who could be working as you do
to make known the Christ's presence? (Europe)
A. There are five people who you might have thought would be key
people in the 4,000 people involved in this work around the world:
one in New York, me in London, one in Geneva, one in Darjeeling, one
in Tokyo, all chosen to be the first presenters. Around them would
gather more, so that it would become a worldwide happening. This
information would be coming from five points across the world from
New York to Tokyo, a brilliant plan, except that the one in New York
does not believe. He has been to my lectures several times but does
not believe the story. I am the one in London. The one in Geneva,
like the one in New York, does not believe the story. They are both
Christian mystics, influenced by people like Steiner who died before
the plan that it would be the Christ Himself was finalized. Steiner
was adamant that the Christ could not return in a physical body and
thought that when the Christ Principle awakened sufficiently in the
hearts of men, then we could say the Christ is in the world. This is
only one aspect of the Reappearance of the Christ. People who follow
Steiner have closed their minds to the very possibility of the
Reappearance of the Christ as a physical man in the world, quite
apart from all the 40 or so Masters Who are likewise coming. They
have done a disservice to the event.

http://www.shareintl.org