This is interesting:
>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>snip:

The pundits are indentured to the TMO for at least 20 years. They
were all obligated to take out loans to help build some SV structure.
It's not clear to me what the structure is. Perhaps their living and
chanting facility in India. I'll find out. Anyway, as long as they
are punditing, the movement covers the payments, but if they leave,
they have to cover them. If they don't Anand and Prakash Srivastava
sic the police on them. This happened to the ex-pundit from whom I
got this information.

ยท         This pundit also said that the Srivastavas are very rich
and basically say to MMY, "Look, you're very old. Don't worry about
these financial matters. We'll take care of them."  >

Doug in FF writing:
I wondered about these pundits, and their families.  There ain't no
such thing as a free cigar, as they say.  & suspect knowing the TMorg
and Maharishi is that these pundits would just show up without being
hit up for money in scheme by the TMorg to come to America.  Pundit
money, coming and going?

Rick, what you share here, this reads too much like the story of Earl
Kaplan, while welcoming the hundred millionaires and then their wives
on the one hand at the front door as he was being robbed by the other
hand at the back door by Maharishi and 'trusted' inner movement
people at the back door.  Coming and going.

i don't get to much read everything here at FFL but every once in a
while something about  FF shows up that is a nugget.

Thanks Rik, even if you are just a regular TM practitioner and an un-
re-certified un=repentant TM teacher and Governor of the A of E, for
sharing this.  I often wondered what the deal was with the pundits
and their families.

What say a true-believer here? Like our friend, Feste37 here,
defender that could shed light and bring some transparency to this?

How about check on this, and get back to us, a little quicker than
Guidestar can report what is going on here in FF?  The movement don't
have no web-link to their finacial numbers?  MUM?  Like, money in and
money out?

-Gov Doug in FF

> Some pundit news from a well-informed inside source:
>

> .         The pundits were not given a clear idea of what their
living
> conditions here would be. They were not told they would be
cloistered behind
> fences. They understood that they would be free to move about and
see new
> things here. Most of them are very frustrated and stir-crazy in
their
> confinement.
>
> .         The tuberculosis rumors are true. I don't know how many
are
> infected, but anyone who has had contact with the pundits has been
tested.

> .         In his sales pitch to lure them here, Bob "Raja" Wynne
promised
> them a $300 monthly stipend, but they are only getting $30.
>
> .         The pundits are indentured to the TMO for at least 20
years. They
> were all obligated to take out loans to help build some SV
structure. It's
> not clear to me what the structure is. Perhaps their living and
chanting
> facility in India. I'll find out. Anyway, as long as they are
punditing, the
> movement covers the payments, but if they leave, they have to cover
them. If
> they don't Anand and Prakash Srivastava sic the police on them. This
> happened to the ex-pundit from whom I got this information.
>
> .         This pundit also said that the Srivastavas are very rich
and
> basically say to MMY, "Look, you're very old. Don't worry about
these
> financial matters. We'll take care of them."
>

> On a related note, I'm always arguing that MMY micromanages the
movement and
> no one tells him what to do. I think that generally this is the
case, but I
> can think of one incident which refutes this. When the Natural Law
Party was
> doing its thing, John Gray donated $50,000. He was promptly invited
to come
> to Vlodrop. When he got there, there was a tussle between Bevan and
Hagelin,
> Bevan arguing that John wrote "inappropriate" books and shouldn't be
> permitted to meet with Maharishi and Hagelin arguing that the books
helped
> people and that he should meet with him. Apparently MMY let the two
of them
> work out the issue, although I've often seen him do that and then
in the
> end, do what he wanted to do anyway. A compromise was reached in
which John
> talked with MMY on the phone. I don't know whether that reflected
MMY's