If the bees go back to Venus, we'll all be planting backyard gardens
and "hand pollinating" our flowering veggies.

That would be a wonderful thingy, cuz suddenly everyone would have
this in common, and we'd start talking to each other again over the
back fence.  We'd be great big bees, ya see, wiggling our butts for
each other in Tantric dances -- doing our spring planting boogies --
like that.  Yeah, it'd be about mulching etc., but community would
strengthen tremendously.  A funny thing about growing a garden is that
Mother Nature is so generous that one starts giving away tomatoes like
they were handfuls of pennies flung to urchins.

It expands the spirit to give materially, eh?  So give it all away!

Okay, keep yer flatscreened, metrosexy, lifestyle, but at least start
with the tomatoes.

Once the bees are gone, it could be a huge wake up call, cuz it's one
thing to know the last polar bear ever could be walking the earth
TODAY, but howzbout one sees a bee in one's backyard after reading
that almost no bees are found anywhere on earth?  How precious will
that last bee be to thee, see?  How deep the impact on one then to
lose an ever-present little creature that has peppered our lives from
the get-go?  What then will you make of the Silence of the Clover
Fields, Clarice?  We'll all be that American Indian with one tear
flowing down his cheek.

But, nope, the geeks will think, hey, just import this here insect
from Australia, and it pollinates like the bees did, and hey, let's
add a few bits of swine DNA to it while we're at it.  And the next
thing you know, a nice sweet little downunder bug decides it should
overrun upover environment, and then it's common to be sitting on a
plane on the tarmac for an hour waiting for a sky-darkening swarm to
pass before we take off.

Simpler life -- most of us with a garden to tend -- that's such a big
step towards Utopia, than I find myself satisfied with a job well done.

Edg