Criss Angel uses camera tricks and paid "innocent bystanders."

There's no trick he's ever done that I can't do with the same freedoms.

He may be able to do actual slight of hand etc. and have some magician
chops, but all the stuff he's putting out with the camera tricks is
merely for the lower bell curve folks, and, well, I think he's done
the artful magicians a dirty low deed by pretending to be "like them."

Same for David Blaine.  Lots of editing of the final film product.

He'll show his levitation trick to bystanders, get their reactions on
video,then he'll do a camera trick of him floating much higher in the
same setting but now with the bystanders not in view -- he'll use a
crane and blue screen etc., and then he'll put that into the film as
if it were what the bystanders were seeing at the time.  Blaine
started it so Criss is just trying to horn in on the marketing to
stupid people.

Bletch, puke, retch.

Edg