--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> A favorite story I was told -- don't know if it's true -- was
> when the movement had a fire in an assembly hall, and the
> folding chairs were burned. The chairs had been rented, so
> Maharishi told someone to quickly offer the renter of the
> chairs a low ball price for them -- low ball, cuz you
> know, "they're old and worn" etc. -- and thus he was
> able to buy the chairs for much lower cost than if the
> owner had known that they would otherwise have to have been
> replaced with full cost new chairs.

Sounds reasonable to me, if the renter was satisfied
with the price. What am I missing here? If the renter
had been told that the chairs were ruined, would he
have charged more to replace them than he would to
sell them? That doesn't seem at all fair.

> So, if the story is true, then that shows the movement being
> perfectly willing to pass its bad karma downhill.  It may be
> the natural order of things, but to me it was just another
> story of how the movement has no heart, no concern for our
> attachments or personal histories

[etc., etc.]

I dunno, I think there are lots better stories to
illustrate these tendencies.