--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of nablusoss1008
> Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:11 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sixties Gurus Go On Tour
>

> > I think Maharishi is the only one still alive who was teaching
in the
> > sixties. A fact which I love how it makes the anti-TM
fundamentalists
> > here squirm and grimace. You feel the grimace on your face don't
chya?

> > OffWorld
>
> And the only Teacher from the sixties with a good standing and
> reputation in India. With the exeption of AnandaMayiMa of course,
but
> then again, she was an Avatar.
>
> Are you kidding? Maharishi has a lousy reputation in India. If he's
> remembered at all, he's thought of as a businessman. >>>

Dream on Rick, a 30 second search brought this up:

The All-India Ayurvedic Congress is the official organisation and
highest authority for Ayurveda in India with more than 300,000
Ayurvedic physicians.

"After examining Maharishi Ayurveda for years, the President of the
All-India Ayurvedic Congress, Vaidya Shiv Koran Sharma Chhangani,
together with five other high-ranking representatives, have
confirmed that Maharishi Ayurveda is of the highest quality and
represents an authentic application of the knowledge of Ayurveda."
http://tinyurl.com/34u8rk

OffWorld