<snip>
> The only way that Krishna's advice in the Gita can be
> seen as valuable and sane is *if he knows what he is
> talking about*. (And please remember, in any raps about
> the Gita and the Mahabharata that I consider them not
> scripture but religious fiction, created to strengthen
> and preserve the ruling classes/castes of the time,
> which were being challenged by more populist religions
> and belief systems.) What if the Big Blue Guy had no
> more idea what was what than the chariot driver he was
> talking to? What does that do to the validity of his
> advice?

Two points, for the record.

First, the Big Blue Guy is the warrior Arjuna's
charioteer, not the other way around. (That's why
Krishna is telling Arjuna to fight, don'cha know.)

Second, the Big Blue Guy knows what he is talking
about when he tells Arjuna what God wants because
the Big Blue Guy *is God*. That's the premise of
the Gita. If the Gita were historical, it would
make sense to suggest that Krishna had no idea what
was what, but if you understand it to be fiction,
that Krishna is God is what you're dealing with.

Not that you can't dream up a *different* piece
of fiction in which Krishna is a deluded human
bean (or that Arjuna is the charioteer and Krishna
the warrior, for that matter), but then you ain't
talking about the Gita.