> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > A few people are getting a tad close to the limit, with two days
> > to go 'till we reset the count:
> >
> > Turq - 32
> >
> > Jim Flanegin - 30
> >
> > New Morning - 31
> >
> > Judy - 26
> >
> > No problem. Just giving you a heads up.
>
> Not to complain or anything, but when I do a search
> this morning using the Yahoo Advanced Search feature
> set to "After May 11 2007," which includes the full
> day starting at midnight my time on May 12 (Friday),
> I get different totals:
>
> Turg - 26
>
> Jim - 29
>
> New - 29
>
> Judy - 30

FWIW, from here (Eastern time), I get:

Barry - 27 (counting the post I'm responding to)

Jim - 29

New - 29

Judy - 28 (not counting this post)

I'd guess the discrepancies have to do with
timestamp variations between time zones.

As Barry declared back on March 20:

"I think that the Yahoo timestamp should be the
only measure of when a post was made, since there
can be delays and anyone can claim whatever they
want along the lines of 'But...but...but I made
that post *before* midnight...')"

Which seems reasonable, except that if we're going
to go by the timestamps in Rick's time zone, nobody
in a different time zone will be quite sure how
many posts they've made.

There may also be differences between Yahoo's
timestamps and ISP timestamps. If Rick's going by
his ISP's timestamps (he said he was using Outlook
to count posts), he might want to check on Yahoo
and see if he gets the same totals.