> TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> As it turns out (I didn't know this when I wrote the
> first mini-review), the good ideas in the flick came
> from...again...Philip K. Dick, whose story it was
> based upon. That said, it wasn't a very good render-
> ing of Philip's ideas, but what, other than (perhaps)
> "Blade Runner," has been?

well, i really liked "A Scanner Darkly", which came out last year.
based on PKD (who is great) and done by Richard Linklater,
using a very cool animation technique called digital rotoscoping.
stars Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr, and Winona Rider

> Philip was an over-the-top crazy, a man with so many ideas
> running through his brain that society is still trying to
> absorb them all. But they haven't translated to film
> very well yet.

on the DVD extras, they interview his grown children

> I didn't say that it was a good film, merely that
> I enjoyed it. I've also enjoyed the hell out of
> "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as well, but that doesn't
> mean that I think it's a good film. :-)

well then, i hope you saw "Ed Wood" starring my hero
Johnny Depp. (Plan 9 was an Ed Wood movie)