--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I said:

> I love you, Bobby, >Paul
> Morehead, Craig Pearson, my old Purusha buddies, and the many good
>souls in
> the movement.
>So many of the people I just mentioned are brilliant at what they
> do. I couldn't hold a candle to them.

> My heart recoils at the >thought of
> engaging them in a conversation in which I would be obligated to
>>bring out
> things that might dampen their enthusiasm and devotion.

'Ricky', there is this book, the Bagavad Gita, that you might like to
read.  The part about, "Shake off this faint-heartedness".  Same
deal, frineds, family, loved ones.  Good people doing bad things.
Rick, you are just a vehicle to help them account for it.  They may
be saints in their minds for what they are doing, you just might be
God's hand in this too.

Jai Guru Dev,

-Doug in FF

> I thought a lot about this and kind of "felt" my way into it during
> meditation, and here's what I think (and feel). I love you, Bobby,
>Paul
> Morehead, Craig Pearson, my old Purusha buddies, and the many good
>souls in
> the movement. Most of the people I just mentioned love what they're
>doing
> and seem to be thriving doing it. Bobby (to whom I'm Cc-ing this
>note)
> absolutely glows with love, energy, and enthusiasm. I consider him
>a genuine
> saint, (although, being a genuine saint, he wouldn't admit or even
know that
> he is). So many of the people I just mentioned are brilliant at
what they
> do. I couldn't hold a candle to them. My heart recoils at the
thought of
> engaging them in a conversation in which I would be obligated to
bring out
> things that might dampen their enthusiasm and devotion. If it ever
becomes
> more evolutionary for some of these people to leave the movement
than to
> stay in it, then probably that's what they'll do. Most of those who
stay in
> the movement will see them as having fallen or become deluded,
because
> seeing their course of action as perfectly acceptable might shake
the
> foundations of their own motivation. But those who leave can live
with that.

> The conditions you've set up for our discussion are not equitable.
You
> clearly imply that you possess "the truth" and that I am mired
in "negative
> judgments" from which you might extricate me. I don't regard you or
anyone
> as having a monopoly on the truth. If some of my own judgments are
overly
> negative, I'd certainly like to revise them. Others may be
insightful or
> well-informed, but for you to see them that way would be to start a
crack in
> the cosmic egg, and as I said above, I don't want to do that. I
don't mean
> to sound condescending, but chicks have to peck their way out.
Helping them