(mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
> ,  "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)

Victory
> > over fundamentalism and tribalism. It is not totally perfect
yet
> of
> > course, but in the next 20 - 50 years, it will become more and
> more
> > apparent what is efficacious and what is effluence. This is  the
> > modern world.
> >
> > OffWorld
> >
> > Maybe,  but it seems to me that there's a spiritual renaissance
> going on  and
> > more and more people are waking up, in the spiritual sense, and
> putting a
> > lot more stock in their personal, subjective experience  than in
> some
> > scientist's evaluation of it. If someone has  genuinely woken up
> the Self,
> > they're not going to run down to  the local EEG lab to have
their
> experience
> >  corroborated.>>
>
> Naw man, you're imagining things.
> There  is less awakening now than 20 years ago. A lot of very fat
> people  instead.
>
> And by your logic a born-again christian justifying bombing  the
> shit out of other countries, or a muslim suicide bomber, are
> examples of people who believe their personal experience is of
any
> importance.
>
> There will never come a time when Science will be  superceded by
New
> Age self-agrandizing dribble. This is the reality of  life. This
is
> the modern world. You need to accept this new realization to  be
> liberated .
> > The way science is going it will blow up the whole world before
anyone  can
> have a chance to prove their position as being valid. I believe
America  has
> thousands of  Nuclear bombs. So much for the saving grace of
Science.  Lsoma.

Science (Logic) is the only truth. Dangerous technology is caused by
the ignorant use of the power of science, not by science itself.
Ignorance causes danger. Science reveals truth. You need to make
clearer distinctions, otherwise you sound like a silly hippie, which
I am sure you are not.

OffWorld