Many thanks, Rick! It's been fun to explore these energies. A few
thoughts interspersed below...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This was from the friend (whom you call "The Purusha Guy" but who is
> actually married) with whom I've been having that discussion.
Evidently he
> shared our discussion with a mutual friend, whose identity I'm not
told, as
> I shared it with all of you, and then forwarded that friend's
comments to
> me, as I've forwarded some of yours to him:
>
> Doubt, Disappointment and Rejection are most damaging to the
nervous system
> (Maharishi said).

Invoking an External Authority *really* doesn't do it for me, doesn't
touch my Heart.  "Maharishi says" and "Maharishi said" or "the Dalai
Lama says" or "the Bible says" are so often used as a hammer to smite
the Unfaithful, intended to squelch independent thought
(Eclecticism) -- right up there with threatening them with going to
Patala-Hell. Fundamentalism, in short.

A Fundamentalist is threatened by so many "bad" things, as if they
are outside the self, things to somehow be avoided. Attraction-
Aversion still runs unchallenged. To an Eclectic or Lover or
Anandist, it's not Doubt, Disappointment and Rejection -- and Anger,
let's not forget Anger -- that are damaging; it's the further
*denial* of these particles that is damaging! Again, it appears here
as if a POV-4 Love-truth -- that we can (and constantly do) choose
our state of consciousness -- is being warped into a POV-2
Fundamentalist stance of mood-making and denial. But I guess that's
just the dynamics of how any given harmonic is interpreted by the
next "younger" one. It is fascinating, all right.

> In considering the intrapsychic mechanics of what took place in
Rick (and
> others) I would guess (because, of course, I don't know) the real
issue with
> Rick and other seekers (I would classify them as seekers again, as
they were
> before they had Maharishi),

A POV-2 Fundamentalist "knower" *cannot* comprehend a POV-3 Eclectic,
but has to place them back in POV-1, as a Chaotic/evil "seeker".

In general a POV-4 Lover has fully embraced POV-3 doubt and despair
and anger and Hell, and is no longer afraid of them, no longer sees
them as outside the self; it is all perfect, though there are
certainly residual particles from the past to be fully understood,
loved and healed ...the Fundamentalist-self, for example :-)

>is that it all began with doubt (that sprung up
> due to expectation)--which led to disappointment, and in Ricks case
being
> asked essentially to leave the movement--rejection.

> A rational, evolved, loving, soul like Ricky is not going to go
smash
> windows in the dome or lead a march against the movement--So, what
to do
> then with the hurt, anger, frustration?  Gotta go some where--
(that's the
> law of dynamics--and psychodynamics--the energy in a system must
express its
> self in the system--impress its influence on the system) so it gets
> sublimated into a "rational," "open" discussion on essentially, the
validity
> of Maharishi.  Actually, it is quite aggressive in nature, but, the
attack
> is conducted by the frontal cortex--not the limbic system (which is
the
> primitive lizard brain)

This is equally true of the POV-3 Eclectic and the POV-2
Fundamentalist. The only difference is, the POV-3 Eclectic is no
longer denying these qualities, so they are much less "toxic"
and "damaging to the nervous system" then they were in POV-2. Denial
is tamas (POV-2 Fundamentalism); acting out is rajas (POV-3
Eclecticism); unconditional clarity/truth is sattva (POV-4 Love)...
lather, rinse, repeat? :-)

> So it appears reasoned, open, and flexible.  In
> actuality it is an "as if" debate.  One appears as if he is not
angry,
> frustrated, rejected and vengeful and attacking. One appears "as
if" he
> wants to openly and lovingly discuss the issue--but that is the
filter of
> the frontal cortex!  Anger, aggression and vengeance are the
underlying
> dynamics.

They certainly are -- this letter reeks of unacknowledged anger,
aggression and vengeance! LOVE It! Yummm! Nothing like a little salsa
to liven up a meal.

> Patanjali does endorse in the Yoga sutras, "any reliable
meditation."  He
> therefore give his blessings on different forms of meditation--So
it seems
> to me, that when we get to Brahman there will be a large number of
saints
> somewhere in the Akash that have arrived there from a variety of
means--some
> faster--some slower--I mean everyone we know of who got enlightened
got
> there by a slightly different path (Maharaja, Ramakrishna, the
Buddha, etc.)

> But, I don't know anybody who got there by bashing their previous
master and
> trying to get others to join them.

Again, this is a *perfect* example of how a POV-2 has to see a POV-3.

My question now is, could this actually be a higher resonance of the
field-state -- POV-6 or POV-8, say, that I am not recognizing? I bet
on some levels it Absolutely is! Sweet! :-)

*L*L*L*