Thanks for the tip on Louie, I heard some of his stuff on yourtube.
All these guys are way too revved up for my emotions.  That is what I
liked about Tom Teasley.  There are some cool videos of him from the
Kennedy center:
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/artist_detail.cfm?artist_id=TEASLEYTOM#

What is amazing to me is that I thought Buddy was famous for being
addicted to heroin.  I can get how guys like Clapton and Kurt Cobain
got their groove on with smack, but these guys seem like they are meth
addicts!  Perhaps they were so revved up that it was the only way to
relax after a gig, that is some hyper shit!  In blues bands I always
focus on the drummer, they make it or break it for me.  If they can't
play in a relaxed style a little behind the beat they turn blues into
rock and I don't enjoy it as much.  It is hard for drummer to chill
out enough to let it happen the way I feel it.  That is one of the
reasons I have to be my own drummer!