Stu wrote:
> Every so often this daily meditation practice feels like an addiction.
> I find myself structuring the events of my day so that I can get my
> afternoon session in, or changing plans to I will have time in the
> morning.  If I miss a sitting, I feel  lethargic and dull.  Sometimes I
> have to sneek off to a staircase or a closet for my TM.  I wonder if a
> habit so ingrained is healthy.
>
> So about three weeks ago I decided to stop for a while to see what would
> happen.  The first week was very difficult.  I have had headaches and
> had to battle the desire to sit.  At one point I had a job interview and
> realized I needed to do my TM before the interview to keep my calm.
>
> At this point I still feel I am missing the practice.  My consciousness
> is in a semi-fog.  Is this the way the rest of the world feels?
>
> s.
Maybe you need a better technique.  TM is probably only "just enough" to
keep you clear better two settings a day.  Other systems are strong
enough that if you miss a day or two or even a week the mind is still
clear and sharp as well as the perception of the transcendent in
activity (MMY's CC).  In fact in other systems it's no great crime if
you miss some meditations.  I even asked my guru to comment on why an
enlightened person would even continue meditating since it seems
superfluous as once "there" the awareness of the transcendent keeps
growing even without meditation.

- Bhairitu
Check out my anti-war music video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fxHbirAKKR4