> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
> <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> >
> > Peter:
> > Jesus Christ! Here we go again.....
> >
> > Judy:
> > F**k off, Peter. If somebody grossly misrepresented what you had
said
> > and then called you a liar for saying it, I don't imagine you'd
let
> it
> > go by.
> >
> > She, they, just don't get it.  It's an addiction, clothed in
> > moral indignance that their integrity has been violated, and
> > that it must be restored. God Save the Queen.  What they don't
> > realize, and likely, will never realize is that NO ONE CARES.
>
> Another thought here: How can you possibly "not
> care" that there are several people on this forum
> who *routinely and deliberately* tell falsehoods?
>
> This makes no sense to me. If you don't care about
> dishonesty, what *can* you care about? Dishonesty
> underlies so many of the evils of this world. How
> can you just *ignore* it when it's right under your
> nose?
>
> Why didn't a dozen people jump on Shemp when he
> claimed Al Gore's father was a segregationist?

It's because even YOU admit that he voted against the Civil Rights
Act.  When people read that they think: Okay, that technically
doesn't mean he's an actual segregationist, but until I have more
information, HE'S SUSPECT!

Then, perhaps, they read on and discover that after being in Congress
and the Senate for several decades Gore lost his bid for reelection
PRECISELY BECAUSE HE HAD A CHANGE OF HEART AND CAME OUT AGAINST
SEGREGATION.  What does that say about his previous 30 years
representing a Dixiecrat state?

Do you think that someone could be reelected from a southern state
during this tumultuous time period in race relations because he was
AGAINST segregation????

Or perhaps they read anecdotes about his personal life -- recounted
by Al Junior's Black Nanny -- that Senior and family frequented
segregated restaurants?

Your adamant insistence on such an issue, Judy, is why people do NOT
regularly defend you on a regular basis.

> How
> can you "not care" about an honorable public
> servant, no longer around to defend himself, being
> slandered in public with the aim of denigrating his
> son, the leader in the fight against global warming?

It is because the ONLY reason Al Gore ever got elected in the first
place as a senator from Tennessee was that it was his father's old
Senate seat, just like Bush got his political success because of HIS
father.  So it is fair game.

And it is fair game to try and understand the motivations behind why
such an apparently intelligent person resorts to the worst kind of
fear-mongering and I attempted to posit an explanation by examining
where he got his fear-mongering from.

> If Al Gore Sr. were still alive and happened to be
> a participant here, if he spoke up to defend himself,
> apparently you'd be happy to dump on him as you do
> me.

Would it not be a fair question to ask him why he voted against the
Civil Rights Act?