On Jun 3, 2007, at 11:13 AM, authfriend wrote:

> They lied or were simply unknowledgable about the viability of the
> technology to do so. Most likely the latter.

I'm asking why not being knowledgeable about
the viability of the technology would be "funny"
in light of the potential profits for Canada. I
don't see the connection between the two.

The reason that would be difficult to explain or understand; strange, would be because there was immense opportunity for people to actually make returns on invested sums of money *if they knew the market*. It's strange that people would exploit that for a half-baked scheme rather than take advantage of real, viable opportunities for investment which clearly are there.