A veritable feast of red herrings from Vaj,
along with several new lies:

> On Jun 5, 2007, at 10:53 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:00 PM, authfriend wrote:
> > <snip>

> > > Well, since you failed to define a "get rich quick
> > > scheme" I find your lame response unconvincing.
> >
> > Most people (including you) know what "get-rich-quick
> > scheme" refers to:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get-rich-quick_scheme
>
> Not at all the type of scheme I was referring to.

Yes, it is.

 Of course it should
> be clear that I was specifically talking about TM org inspired
> schemes for success, wealth and/or financial gain through support
> of natural law, etc.

A get-rich-quick scheme is a get-rich-quick
scheme, no matter who or what "inspires" it.

> But then again, Judy knew that

Not only didn't I, I still don't. What I do
know is that this is Vaj continuing to try to
justify his lie.

<snip>
> > More importantly, though, your lie suggested the
> > links were to lots of different get-rich-quick
> > schemes, not to a single book.
>
> And there are others. Will I take the time to hunt them down
> and list them for you? Unlikely for me to contact people I've
> not seen in years, nor is it likely I will violate their
> confidentiality by doing so publicly.

Utter non sequitur, another attempted diversion.

As Vaj knows, I've said several times now that
I'm *not* suggesting TMers haven't engaged in
get-rich-quick schemes. Vaj continues to batter
what he is well aware is a straw man.

> Besides I've already proven my point with hundreds of links.

Hilarious. Vaj has done no such thing, of
course. He hasn't provided even *one* link.

> I'm sure you'll get over it in time if you try.

No, I think I'll keep right on pointing
out that Vaj is building a veritable
mountain of lies in an attempt to cover up
the first one.

> How many movement entrepreneurs were you friends with Judy? Please
> share some of your friend's misfortunes online on a public forum,
> we'd love to hear them. I take it you get my point.

Another non sequitur. Exactly what would
it prove if I did, or did not, know any
such people?

 After all, you
> claim to have 'been around' in the TMO. Surely you know
> someone since you've been around the TMO so much.

To the contrary, I've said explicitly that
I'm not even on the periphery of the TMO, as
Vaj knows.

> Just for the record, there was no indication whether or not
> these hundreds of links would be connected to a single book
> or not (kind of irrelevant since some of these are links to
> different people).

I checked quite a few in which the text of
the Google hits did not mention Gratzon or
his book. On the pages themselves, every one
of them had to do with Gratzon and his book.

> The intention was to demonstrate they simply exist on the web, at
> that time.

Vaj's intention was to suggest that Google
lists lots of sites about different TM-
related get-rich-quick schemes tied to the
phrase "Do nothing and accomplish everything."
It does not. Vaj was lying.

<snip>
> > > So let's look at Judy's assertion that Gratzon's book is not
> > > part of the genre of "get rich quick scheme" books and whether
> > > or not it aims a quicker approach to starting a business
> > > compared to the more traditional approaches.
> >
> > Irrelevant argument on both counts. There are no
> > "schemes" in Gratzon's book, so it isn't part of
> > the genre of books advancing such schemes.
>
> Of course, IMO the book is about such schemes

No, it's not. Again, what it's about is
changing one's attitude about effort being
required to make money, the thesis being that
once you get over that attitude, things tend
to automatically fall into place.

There are no "schemes" proposed in the book.

, so this is an
> irrelevant point. People tend to do their "scheming" in private.

Entirely irrelevant. I never claimed nobody
devised their own schemes after reading the
book, as Vaj knows.

 And
> of course the number of schemes operating under the 'do nothing,
> accomplish everything' rubric extend beyond the ideas in a book.
> Different people interpreted it differently and applied it
> differently.

I never suggested otherwise, as Vaj knows.
Another red herring.

 > Rather,
> > it attempts to prepare readers psychologically to
> > approach the endeavor of making money without
> > thinking it has to involve great effort on their
> > part. His basic thesis is that once you stop
> > thinking this way, things begin to fall into place
> > (whatever the specifics) more or less automatically.
> >
> > No "schemes" involved, just a change of attitude.
>
> LOL, The author himself, apparently applying these same ideas
> did use lying and illegal tactics to establish his telecom
> group, which eventually applied for bankruptcy before being sold.

That may be; I never suggested he didn't.
But it's irrelevant, because there are no
such "schemes" in the book.

> Sounds like a "scheme" to me.

Non sequitur. He doesn't propose any such
"schemes" in the book.

> Let's look at the definition of the word scheme and this example
above:

> Scheme: "make plans, esp. in a devious way or with intent to do
> something illegal or wrong"
>
> Did the author of the aforementioned book, presumably the leading
> expert on how to apply them use such a scheme: devious and illegal
> plans, too get rich quickly?
>
> Yes he did.
>
> (You won't find these kinda things in any book)

Good, so Vaj admits there are no "get-rich-
quick" schemes in the book.

BTW, the following quotes are *not* from the book:

> "Fred Gratzon, founder of long-distance reseller Telegroup in
> Fairfield, Iowa, also readily admits to being economical with the
> truth. The company's first direct mailing was cunningly designed
> 'look like an official notice from the telephone people.' It was a
> computer printout with no company logo that blandly
stated: 'NOTICE
> OF TELEPHONE RATE REDUCTION AVAILABILITY. Due to recent changes in
> tariffs of the Federal Communications Commission, your company is
> entitled to reduced rates on long-distance service.' Never mind
that
> those 'recent' changes referred to the Communications Act of 1934.
> 'The response to this was enormous,' says Gratzon. 'That was the
> white lie that launched Telegroup.'
>
> (...) And the time he decided he couldn't afford the expensive
> registration process in each state and decided to operate
illegally.
> 'We trod a very gray line,' says Gratzon."
>
> Wow, sounds like a scheme to me and a change of attitude. But,
> hey, he got rich. Must've been natural law and support of nature
> and all those things Mahesh tried to condition us to believe were
> virtues.

Non sequitur.

> In practice, the TM org has seen many similar schemes, many
> believing what they were doing was OK, after all they were
> invincible due to their support from nature. Having seen it
> first hand (and being sponsored by two such individuals at one
> time) it doesn't matter really what you think or how cleverly
> you attempt to ambiguate the facts.

Non sequitur. Vaj is really beating this
straw man to a pulp, isn't he?

> It just shows how far you will go to perpetuate lies, create
> diversions and foster deception.

The only person who has attempted to perpetuate
lies, create diversions, and foster deceptions
in this thread has been Vaj himself.

This one (among the many from earlier posts
that Vaj has chosen to send down the memory
hole after I exposed them) is my favorite:

> I pointed out the precise nature of Gratzon's book as it directly
> relates to 'do nothing, achieve everything', how he conceals the
> principle with a catchy title

Here's the "catchy title" with which Gratzon
"conceals" the principle of "Do nothing and
accomplish everything":

"The Lazy Way to Success: How to Do Nothing and
Accomplish Everything."

That's why there are so many hits to Gratzon's
book when you Google the phrase, you see.

Finally, it should be pointed out that as MMY
uses the phrase, it has nothing to do with not
working hard to accomplish things. It isn't a
PREscription for attitude or how to act, it's
a DEscription of experience in the state of
enlightenment, of identifying with the Self
(which does not act) rather than with the self
(which does).

Having once, as he claims, been a TM teacher,
of course Vaj is well aware of this too.