On Jun 12, 2007, at 12:05 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2007, at 11:06 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Interesting NLP story.
> > >
> > > One of the meditative processes I've found very valuable was a
> > > technique which actually projects habitual subtle and
> > > super-subtle
> > > thoughts into three dimensional space, to the extent that, sans
> > > external testing cues, you could not tell it from from waking
> > > reality. If you could jump outside of the thought-loops that
> > > caused
> > > the "reality" to manifest, you could be free of it and the
> > > thought
> > > patterns would "self liberate". However, if you accepted them as
> > > real, you would be stuck there for an indeterminate amount of
> > > time.
> >
> > Sounds like the Bardo. :-)
>
> Felt like it too: the visions were preceded by deafening sound
> and blinding light I felt for sure would tear me apart.

And, judging from your description above, there's
the same lesson to be learned. No "me," no "me"
to be torn apart. :-)

Eventually, that conclusion is reached simply because the root luminosity is so stable. If you keep any tension going through holding onto a subject-object idea, you just stay there. The odd thing about this style of samadhi is the characteristics of simultaneity are readily apparent. I would simultaneously have the experience of my body and my breath spontaneously being held in kumbhaka, the luminosity and the process of the arising of creation in a non-linear fashion. It's really quite difficult to describe in linear words because it did not happen in a linear way, it was all simultaneous (but separate at the same time). After that was intuitively understood, you realized all you needed to do was "die".