--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yesterday you claimed to have given up this list, presumably
> because
> > > too many here posessed enough knowledge to see through your
> > > rethoric... and now you continue !  Don't you see that it is
> > > laughable for a socalled Guru to denonce someone for having been
> > > secretary or wearing white ?
> >
> > She takes all that hierarchical lineage and tradition stuff very
> > seriously. And, as Dr. Pete pointed out, it's all just "divisions
> of
> > the mind." It's Indian cultural baggage, dusty codified duality,
> that
> > for some people, apparently, is inextricably intertwined with
> > awakening itself.
> >
> > You can get a taste of how very seriously she takes herself and the
> > whole guru shtick from what she writes on her contact page:
> >
> > http://www.abide-in-self.com/contact-Swami-G..htm
> >
> > 1. Save the Hey there or the Hi for your buddies. When seeking
> > someone's Wisdom have the Courtesy to come with the greeting of
> Namaste.
> >
> Looks and feels to me like a poser. No energy hit at all. No
> awakening. No offense to any followers- just offering my sense of
> it.:-)

Well, not every teacher or teaching is going to be everyone's cuppa
tea. Certainly not everyone is going to be drawn to the Waking Down
teachers who really gave me a jump start, but if any of them had
insisted that I address him with 'namaste', I'd have laughed in his
face and told him to get over himself already. Heck, last year when
Saniel Bonder was in town, I ended up taking a weekend course that I
had not planned on taking because I didn't like his course
description. I told him right to his face that it sounded like
"saccharine new-age dreck." Some teachers/gurus might have thrown me
out on my ass for saying something like that, but Saniel loved it.
And, the course turned out to be immensely valuable for me.