--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Richard J. Williams wrote:
> > > Well, I don't know where Judy got the impression that
> > > Nagarjuna had anything to say about the Indian term
> > > 'Brahman', since Nagarjuna was a Middle Way Buddhist
> > > writing before the advent of Adwaita; from Ken Wilber,
> > > I guess. She failed to credit her citation. Whoops!
> > >
> jstein wrote:
> > Here's what Judy actually wrote:
> >
> > > The thing about Brahman, as Ken Wilber points
> > > out, is that It is "One without a second," One
> > > without an opposite. If you say It is X, that
> > > means It is not not-X, which gives not-X an
> > > existence independent of Brahman; it gives
> > > Brahman an opposite, a second.
> > >
> No, here's what Judy actually wrote:

No, the above is what I actually wrote,
citing Wilber, and showing you to be a liar.

> > Here's Nagarjuna's Four Negations:
> >
> > Brahman is not the relative.
> > Brahman is not the Absolute.
> > Brahman is not the relative and the Absolute.
> > Brahman is not neither the relative nor the Absolute.

> These of course aren't Nagarjuna's four negations, they are
> some made-up 'syllogisms' appended onto a paraphrase of
> Nagarjuna, which in any case he never said anything about a
> 'Brahman' thingy.

Stop being such an a-hole, Willytex. They're
obviously not "syllogisms." They're the
conclusions of four individual, independent
logical arguments. They're phrased in many
different ways, depending on the context;
the point is, of course, conceptual and not
intended to be a direct quotation from
Nagarjuna. But you knew that.