--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> It's funny you should bring this up, Barry -- *that* was exactly
how
> I "got" C.C. on one of my first residence courses! I was
witnessing
> my brains out, and watching a tape by MMY *describing* witnessing
and
> C.C., and *that* was what made the connection -- "Oh my God --
he's
> talking about THIS!" Something I had had no words, no concept for
> before, though it had certainly been present. I can't speak for
> everyone else in the audience, of course, but that surely worked
for
> *me*. Thanks for giving me yet another reason to pass my gratitude
> back to MMY and Guru Dev, the Self behind my Self! You're *still*
> great TM-teacher, Barry :-)
>
> *L*L*L*

The thing that got me to 'get' Maharishi was the way he spoke;
Being, speaking. If I tried to iron it down, and saddle it up, for
years the meaning of what he said evaded me. I'd get a key phrase
here and there, but most of what he said caused me to transcend so
rapidly that between my states of consciousness shifting all over
the place, I couldn't accurately track what he was saying. Then
slowly as the decades passed, the vessel of my consciousness grew,
so that now I get it; I can listen to him talk, and track it all.
Oftentimes what he will be doing in his speech is bringing out an
initial concept and then expanding and expanding and expanding on
it, until the full conceptual vision is not realized until 30 to 60
minutes, or several hours in. Quite amazing.

As for the phwam factor that Barry brings up, Maharishi makes it
very clear that he is solely addressing the Self from the Self by
the Self. If his words are heard in any other way, it leads to
frustration and disavowal, much as several on FFL react
consistently. But if you read and listen carefully to what he is
saying, he does hint rather regularly at the SoC he is addressing.
Not that he minds that the listener may be in another SoC- he just
makes it quite uncomfortable for those who are trying to remain
there, without being at all obvious about it.

Perhaps some teachers feel it is important to tune the audience's
SoC to their words. Maharishi has never operated that way to my
knowledge. For him, a kshatriya, you either get it, or you don't. No
problem, and no apologies.:-)