--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > Intellectual Treason
> >
> > by Meera Nanda Jan 07, 05
> >
> > Meera Nanda uncovers an extraordinary coalition that is
> undermining
> > science
> >

> Your're posting good stuff here Vaj.
>
> This article is particularly relevant to the TMO as I found out the
> other day that pupils at the Maharishi schools study Jyotish and SCI
> as part of the curriculum. Needless to say I was shocked as I don't
> believe we have the right to teach children things that are
> untestable, unprovable and which are demonstrably flawed. These are
> effectively religious concepts dressed up in a thin veneer of
> scientific respectability. Church and state should be kept seperate,
> this "religion by the back door" is worrying.

Since when does the state run Maharishi schools? As far as I know,
Maharishi schools are private (i.e., not run and financed by the
government), and as such, can teach any ooga-booga woo-woo they want.
Same goes for private Christian schools that teach Creationism instead
of Evolution. At least, that's the situation in the USA. I see that
you're in the UK, and maybe things are different there.