In skimming the newsletter, I saw reference to
the fences around the "fortune-creating"
homes. The vastuu fences reminded me of
something in a book I just finished, *The Ladies'
No. 1 Detective Agency." Apparently, in Botswana,
it's customary for a home to have a knee-high
fence around it. When visitors approach the home,
they stop at the fence and hail the inhabitants,
rather than walk up to the door and knock. I
detected a similarity between this African fencing
custom and the vastuu fences of Sthapatya-vedic homes.