Hello,

Someone sent in Kundalini questions which were answered in 2 seperate
posts by both Swami G and Swami Siddhananda ( next in line). Before
that, my comments on a partial post:

Snip:

Correct the experience of the Self as God merges into the infinite
beyond and the devotee realizes himself as one with the Father or
Brahman...and all that entails.

TANMAY: CHRIST SAID I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE- HE DIDN'T SAY I AM ONE
WITH THE FATHER AS THIS IMPLIES DUALITY.

Correct..though still bliss, there is still separateness, duality on
the level of perception, since it's 'only' the individual that is
enlightened his status in not that of the all-pervading immanent God
IN creation, and he has yet to achieve oneness or Unity with Brahman.

TANMAY:MY GURU WOULD SAY IF THERE IS SEPERATENESS, DUALITY, THIS IS
NOT ENLIGHTENMENT. ONE WITH THE FATHER IS REPLACED WITH "ONE" OR
"ATMAN" ALONE. MY GURU USES THE TERM "IS". THE REASON MY GURU USES
THIS TERM IS THAT IN USING "SELF" OR "ATMAN", THE SADAKA MAY ASSOCIATE
PERSONA WITH THAT, SO THERE ONLY "IS", THEN LIFE FLOWS.

I GUESS THERE MAY BE MANY DEFINITIONS THAT GURUS USE FOR
ENLIGHTENMENT, MY GURU WOULD SAY EITHER ENLIGHTENED OR NOT, JUST LIKE
EITHER PREGNANT OR NOT.

AND NOW THE POSTS ABOUT KUNDALINI:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jan Esmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Namaste swamiji

Namaste and Great Day

* I am reading your kundalini book and on p.71 you reply that without
Self-enquiry,
you "would surely still be within the throes of the kundalini
experience... for all
experiences within kundalini stem from the mind and consciousness to
bring you to the
point of seeing the illusion of ego self and Maya..."

G i did say that, but you have drawn wrong conclussions from that
statement.

1. Do you mean that kundalini can only take you to the border, and not
take
you to final realization?

G like i have said over and over again - and will continue to say and
that is
Kundalini is a process. It is an aide.

2. Do you mean that kundalini can only give you more and more subte
experiences,
with no more value, as far as final realization goes, than any other
experience?

G again it is an aide - it brings experiences in which you will find
out you are
not the body - and that the mind creates more of whatever it's
attention is towards.

* (which is none).

G it is an aide to move one forward. i don't care what experiences
come along
the way in the end they are not the point. Just as any thought along
the way in
the end has no substance - so your correlation as a way to dismiss
Kundalini
isn't valid. As you may equally in this dismiss ANY path or thoughts
as none
of them are the end but only bridges and aides to pull one in a
direction to at
last question deeply what one is and is not.

* You seem to imply in the text that follows the above quote, that
kundalini
experiences are in fact just an even more subte and stronger trap than
regular
experiences, since they may be of siddhi type.

G no you are reading into it - if that was what i wanted to say it
would have been
said point blank. i don't make implications.

Kundalini is a Valid Path BUT and this is the same but that has been
stated
by Guru's and Sages throughout history in order to navigate this path
successfully
one MUST have a Guru / Guide / Mentor in place - otherwise one may
simply wind
up entering into greater deception or psychosis or death. There is a
reason for
these statements. You have to realize for Most of my journey i did not
have a
Guru in place that was directing things - it would have been much smoother
if i had. As a Teacher i had to learn the HARD way - and was fortunate
that the
universe provided pointers along the most crucial times.

> 3. Yet, you are a kundalini shatipat guru.

G yes i am - and will remain so - When awakening others their
journey's have
been much easier than mine was. Why is this ? because i am there to
give them
Practices and continued Guidance every step along the way. i watch to
see what
is coming up and when they begin to veer off into what is a blind
alley i continue
to bring them back to center. AS you can see that the *me*
identifications for
those are dropping and dissolving as they progress. This is due to the
methodology
that is being used which comes out of having spent many many years of
introspection
and traversing so many methologies and finding out what is the
quickest and the way
of least resistence.

> 4. Will merging with "Shakti=love=bliss=being" not cross/dissolve
the border?
The bliss i am talking about is not localized or attached to anything,
it just is and
it is pure being. I am not talking about a kundalini "high".

G there is no such thing as a kundalini *high* --- where are you
getting such a
nonsensical idea from ? As far as that question NO - WHY ? i was in
this Love/Bliss
being for quite sometime - and this Shakti when Fully Awakened is
Kundalini.
This Love/Bliss still has an identification at it's center. It is
subtle but it is there.
If you enjoy it fine stay there. --- go enjoy life. But it will eat as
you because it is
not the endpoint.

> 5. Is kundalini not a pure manifestation of Shakti when it reaches
sahasrara, and just
beyond that Shakti==Shiva? So merging with Shakti at that point will
become merging with
Shiva as the kundalini manifestation is transcended into pure
Shakti==Shiva?

G First the identification with ego self must be imploded - shattered
- or dissolved.
Kundalini may aid in this dismantling IF it is traveresed in a correct
manner. In
other paths and ways again yes one may do Self Equiry but Unless one
is very very
ripe it will be nothing more than an excersize of more
identifications. So many
have tried that and their identifications are so strong that it
doesn't have enough
pull to bring them through. Kundalini breaks down the barriers first
so that one
may eventually be propelled into Self Equiry with the right guidance.
As you see
here most are going through a natural and steady self dissolving. In
my case it was
a sudden jolt and falling away due to having broken through the
identifications by
a very deep Self Equiry. What i give to the Sadhaka's is a much easier
path and way
than i walked. ---- they are being given the essense the most
distilled and potent
aides possible.

> 6. I mean, is it not inherrent in surrendering to Shakti, once
kundalini has reached
sahasrara, that all, which is a manifestation of kundalini, will
deconstruct itself into Shiva?

G this is the path of Surrender yes - and all must face the death
before death
in some manner. You are looking for some loop hole and talking about
it as you
are attempting to do from an intellectual viewpoint cannot bear any
relationship to
what the experience is. There fore i don't discuss it in intellectual
terms. As it has
nothing to do with a catagorizable experience or happening. The *me*
dissintegrates -
dissolves - or implodes and then Absolute is KNOWN.

* I have followed your advice of doing Self-enquiry...
> Enquiring into the source of nothingness-bliss is weird. Like a
tautology. Like
questioning what the source of source is and insisting on finding it.
Like looking at your
own face and keep asking it, what you look like.

G i didn't give you a practice of self enquiry. -- what you are doing
is not
self equiry. Self Enquiry is a dismantling process starting with body
identification
and questioning till it breaks - then mind and emotion to watch -
witness and
question and dimantle until they break.

* Bliss is the source of bliss and nothingness-being is primordial and
is bliss
and all is Self.

G this is what is stated from one that is in the pinical of dualistic
samadhi - it is
still a step away from Absolute and a remaining Nirvikalpa Sahaja
Samadhi. There
is nothing wrong with it - it is a very high state - and the one which
most aspire
to.

See this is the problem with depending on a book rather than having
the living
Guru available - as one reads it from the point of their understanding
- and looks
for loopholes - and thinks they are getting what is being said when in
fact part of it
is being very mis-interpreted through ones logical mind.

> Love
> Jan

Love & Light
0

SWAMI SIDDHANANDA ANSWERS THE SAME POST:

> Namaste swamiji
Namaste and Om (Siddhananda is replying to your inquiry)

>* I am reading your kundalini book and on p.71 you reply that
without Self-enquiry, you "would surely still be within the throes
of the kundalini experience... for all experiences within kundalini
stem from the mind and consciousness to bring you to the point of
seeing the illusion of ego self and Maya..."

S Okay.

>* 1. Do you mean that kundalini can only take you to the border,
and not take you to final realization?

S This is not what is being said - when all blows out kundalini
phenomena settles down (kriyas, intermittent waves of ecstasy,
seeing lights, auras etc...)-these symptoms occur when mind is in
place - the divine mother washing the holdings away. There is a gap
that the mind cannot cross - this is the border - and then the void,
samadhi or nirvkalpa in which there is no identity to form or mind -
no kundalini either - just a deep, rich absorption.

>* 2. Do you mean that kundalini can only give you more and more
subte experiences, with no more value, as far as final realization
goes, than any other experience? (which is none). You seem to imply
in the text that follows the above quote, that kundaliniexperiences
are in fact just an even more subte and stronger trap than regular
experiences, since they may be of siddhi type.

S This is not what is being said - kundalini will bring deeper
experiences and with proper guidance, devotion and surrender will
indeed bring one to enlightenment and blow out all relative
knowledge very quickly where if this divine energy were not aroused,
there would be no chance at enlightenment - no matter how much one
struggled, all would remain in the realm of the mundane. This is
where Guru comes in to help arouse the spiritual energy that brings
under the right conditions an expanded view.

> *3. Yet, you are a kundalini shatipat guru.

S Yes, she is. This is true.

>* 4. Will merging with "Shakti=love=bliss=being" not cross/dissolve
the border? The bliss i am talking about is not localized or
attached to anything, it just is and it is pure being. I am not
talking about a kundalini "high".

S Surrender will take you there - a helplessnes, a giving
over...completely letting go in trust. Kundalini will move in
whatever direction mind appears - it is neutral, with surrender..the
energy will dissolve and bring to light the selfish holdings that
sit in the shadows of ignorance. We are not always aware or totally
conscious of what lays repressed..kundalini uncovers this, so that
all can be potentially washed clean.

>* 5. Is kundalini not a pure manifestation of Shakti when it
reaches sahasrara, and just beyond that Shakti==Shiva? So merging
with Shakti at that point will become merging with Shiva as the
kundalinimanifestation is transcended into pure Shakti==Shiva?

S Kundalini is ALWAYS pure, ALWAYS totally and completely awake -
it is mind that keeps one from seeing it truly and when mind
dissolves, the union of lovers (Shiv-Shakti) is beheld and embodied -
pure consciousness - still movement -

>* 6. I mean, is it not inherrent in surrendering to Shakti, once
kundalini has reached sahasrara, that all, which is a manifestation
of kundalini, will deconstruct itself into Shiva?

S It sounds like, there is a lot of theory being spoken, rather
than pure experience....one can continue to explain, but until the
experience is had, it does no good. When I first met Swamiji, I
remember struggling with this stuff when I read it and now it makes
no difference - it gets one nowhere to struggle in this manner.

>* I have followed your advice of doing Self-enquiry...
> Enquiring into the source of nothingness-bliss is weird. Like a
tautology. Like questioning what the source of source is and
insisting on finding it. Like looking at your own face and keep
asking it, what you look like.

S Self-enquiry will eventually jolt the mind, shock it into seeing
what rests for a time out of awareness - emptiness or the no-self
state is revealed through self-enquiry - it is a very valid,
spontaneous challenge posed to the mind - very effective, but cannot
be forced.

>* Bliss is the source of bliss and nothingness-being is primordial
and is bliss and all is Self.

S Well if this is where you are and content to be here, then remain
so. Your questions sound as if you are confused, not totally
certain, still seeking....so would suggest you continue forward,
letting go of the struggle to get it intellectually - trust that
guidance is needed and follow completely the one you trust. There
is no other way - one cannot go it alone. It sounds like you are
worried that you might lose this bliss or that you will
lose 'something' you think you have found and treasure - this may
need to be looked at. Nothing is lost, so lay it all down - this is
the true heart of a renunciate.

> Love
> Jan

Om,