<snip>
> > Why I would characterize these comments as "angry,"
> > "attacking," "irritated," and/or "discontented":
> > If I were to say any of the same things about Barry
> > (let alone all of them), he would promptly accuse
> > me of being "angry," "attacking," "irritated,"
> > and/or "discontented" (and probably miserable and
> > filled with rage as well, not to mention sexually
> > frustrated and lonely and obsessed and addicted to
> > putdowns).
> >
> > I left out several good ones because they were too
> > context-dependent to be excerpted briefly. Also, I
> > didn't look for quotes from Curtis because I don't
> > think he's anywhere near as stuck in attack mode as
> > Barry.
> >
> > Barry will, of course, deny that any of these quotes
> > meet his criteria.
>
> No, Barry will stand by every quote above

Well, of course he will. But that wasn't the
issue, now, was it?

I gave him too much credit. Turns out he doesn't
have quite enough chutzpah to deny that the
quotes meet the criteria he specified, so he'll
find some lame way to try to slither away from
the unpleasant fact that his bluff was called and
he got caught dead to rights again--as he always
does--such as:

> express concern that Judy can't tell the
> difference between herself and Rory (to
> whom the request was directed), and
> ignore her comments completely.

What courage! What integrity! What a truly
magnificent display of spiritual maturity!

Almost as sophisticated as his most recent
killer putdown, "Heads Up Uranus Syndrome."

We're all *really* impressed, Barry.

<belly laugh>