On Jul 10, 2007, at 8:22 AM, authfriend wrote:

<snip>
> He does speak in a rather universal
> way, as (as I've mentioned here before from the Patanjali
> tradition, the very same thing applies): you can't skip the
> prerequisites of samadhi and then hope to bear ripe fruit.
> The 'all the angas is satisfied by going to the blank
> nepa state' is BS, plain and simple: another false TM view.
>
> This isn't a bomb, it's a basic relative truth, experientially and
> theoretically in both the Patanjali trads and the Nine-fold
> Nyingmapa paths. The only way it becomes a "bomb" is if you did not
> test the assumptions you were given and just accepted views your
> were told.

Such as the views you were told the Patanjali
trads and the Nine-fold Nyingmapa paths espouse,
for example?

As far as the teachings go, don't rely on the words alone my dear editor, but about the experiential meaning that underlies them.

Regarding the meaning, it's not about the provisional meaning alone, but instead about the definitive meaning.

And regarding the definitive meaning, it's not about relying on ordinary consciousness, but about relying upon Wisdom Awareness.