--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Barry,
>
> Just to let you know, I really enjoyed reading your vignette about
> searching in the dark alleyways of your medieval town. However,
> rather than emailing you in the normal timeline, I have been waiting
> to send a thank you. You did send me a teethy little reply to some
> post I wrote a week or so ago, but I concluded that you were
> actually quite bored since Judy was on time-out. Sorry I didn't
> reply but I am unable to fulfill your pugilistic needs in the
> manner to which you have become accustomed.

No problemo. I was just trying to point out that
you were taking Vaj to task and challenging his
statements in a thread to which he had never posted.
You never seemed to notice.

> However, now that the punch and judy show is
> back on full disply and you have something to occupy your
> imagination, I can give you the compliment you deserve.
>
> Fine piece of writing.
>
> And just to prove it, I saluted your work tonight with a wonderous
> measure of one of the great spirits of recent memory: Woodford
> Reserve, Distillers Select, Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey,
> Batch 171, Bottle 1608.

Cool. It was written over a cup of Illy caffe
machina medium grind, but it's good to hear that
it goes well with other beverages.