> On Jul 24, 2007, at 3:38 PM, yifuxero wrote:
>
> > ---Below: Rory says suffering has no objective reality. True, but
> > irrelevant in terms of the actions that may be required to offset the
> > suffering. The proposed remedies - whatever they are - also have no
> > objective reality, so we are back to square one.

Perhaps "things" have as much reality as personalities do. Both are
hallow -- but as Alvy Singer said,

"I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a
psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a
chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?"
The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's
pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're
totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we
keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs."

> This is a common theme in neo-advaitin "realizers", the inability to
> present a correct View (drsti) regarding the "two truths" (satyadvaya).

Being THE correct view, I am sure all realized ones agree on it. (Oh
wait, first th group of realized will have to agree on what realized
means. Damn, back to square one.)