---Consider an apartment as a type of cage. Could a person
only "think" the apartment is real, but really be living inside Mae
West's head?

http://www.planetperplex.com/en/item203

Or, Jim, you were fortunate in realizing you were in a cage.  So I
guess the people living in the cage but don't know it are
in "ignorant Bliss"?....kind of like the people living in the Matrix
world while the aliens are sucking out the juices from their real
bodies.