In a message dated 7/26/07 9:50:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

As to  other facts: In April, a USA Today/Gallup poll
had Bush at 38 percent,  Congress at 33 percent (5
points, not 10, difference). The same poll on  May
15 had Bush at 33 and Congress at 29 (4 points, not
10,  difference).

Shemp, say, "Oh, gee, I got that wrong too;  Bush's
ratings have *not* been consistently 10 points
higher than those  of Congress. I guess I should have
checked before spouting off and calling  my blooper
a 'fact.'"

In any case, here's another *real* fact for  you:
Congress's approval ratings are traditionally lower
than those of  the president, no matter which party
is in power. For the president's  ratings to sink
lower than those of Congress is almost  unheard-of

One other comment_Charleston  Daily Mail_
(http://www.dailymail.com/story/Opinion/2007072075/Don-Surber-Democrats-achieve-14-percent-approval/)