--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yet Jim in a post yesterday dismissed the analogy of acid induced
> states of being as not valid because they were not permanent.

Though it was Rory who said that, I did want to add that the quid pro
quo regarding drug induced or enhanced spiritual experiences is that
the experiences *are* produced by the drug, and so whatever the drug
adds to the body and mind in order to produce an effect, must
necessarily be depleted afterwards, so there is a net zero effect. The
most commonly known of these depletion results is the alcohol
induced "hangover". This see-sawing of the physiology makes it
impossible, as your friends noted, to induce permanent spiritual
change solely through drug use, no matter how insightful the drug
induced experiences might be.:-)