--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  (SniP)
> >"Those surrendering to him, nice gesture however when the ego is up
> against a living Guru,
> > it will be put to rest much faster. In surrendering to a Guru in
> visions, also getting
> > appointed a certain status, it is being filtered through the ego of
> the seeker, and therefore
> > while it may be right some of the time, it often may not be.
> >
> > It amounts to saying I don't need a Guru for I have my own internal
> Guru. This is ego at
> > play, and it will win and hold it 's throne. Yes, it is very easy
> to surrender to Guru dev, but
> > the truth of the matter is the path is not going to be easy most of
> the time. There are very
> > rare one's that can do it on their own with their internal Guru,
> and thinking you are one of
> > those rare one's is again the ego holding it's position as great,
> along with identifications of
> > body, mind and conditionings."
>   (SniP)
>
> Very Good Insights, here;
> It is of course true, that a guru is necessary at the beginning of
> any path; even to talk we needed our parents to teach is to talk, to
> feel and so on...
> But, once a certain level of Pure Consciousness is achieved, then it
> is possible to descriminate between Pure Consciousness and ego.
>
> 'A Course In Miracles', also teaches the difference between Pure
> Conscousness(Holy Spirit) and ego.
> Many methods are available today, to see beyond the ego;
> Society as a whole is beginning to see beyond the ego...
>
> So, while it is nice to continue to have a Guru to speak with about
> such things;
> Maharishi is a perfect example of one who has gotten beyond the ego,
> and no longer has a need for a Guru.
> The ultimate Guru, is your own true, Self...
> Robert...

Again my belief systems presented here

I noticed Yogananda;s Guru pronouncing the enlightenment for Yogananda, if you
looked
at the you tube video link in my last post, the man proclaims his own
enlightenment by
way of his own inner Guru.

My Guru had also thought she was in enlightenment, probably the state savikalpa
sahaj
samadi. My Guru said this is a very appealing existence but there is more to go
to that
final Nivakalpa sahaj samadi. It is my strong belief that many think they are
accessing
deeper levels than what is taking place, and again my belief, as shocking as
this may
sound, that this may be the case with Maharishi.

I cannot confirm anyone;s enlightenment based on my own experience anyway, so
it
honestly will boil down to a belief system for which one;s I think are and are
not
enlightened.

The significance in this is that a disciple should have an enlightened sat guru
as a guide,
so if is it believed one is not in this position as I will label the one in
that you tube video,
then for one interested to follow him or anyone else, I can present my case why
it is my
belief that it is a good one to follow based on weather they are or are not
enlightened, but
also based on the guidance they get, one to one or left on their own, And then
also
checking out their disciples to see how they are doing.

A Guru working one to one would let the disciple know when they are enlightened
and
ready to move on, if left up to the disciple, it is surely going to be the ego
playing tricks
and fooling one.

Who is the guru one is following that leaves the disciples on their own to
figure these
things out anyway?  Knowing what i am going through now, I , with once again my
belief
system here, I would question this deeply.

I have heard and intuition kicks in to say that the history with enlightened
Gurus is not to
broadcast this knowledge and hand it out to anyone, it is kept and given to
disciples after
they have shown a thirst for it and have been tested.

While wanting to go out and save the world, and maybe some enlightened Gurus do
this,
with attempted attention grabing things, my intuition, right or wrong, says the
sat Gurus
will safeguard this knowledge and have an exchange with those disciples that
are ready.

I think this Guru on youtube who was with another Guru, and that Guru was
enlightened. I
asked this Guru who gave him the title of Guru, he said it was his Guru. When
you look in
his bio, it is now a new stroy- his Guru absolutely did not pronounce him
enlghtened.
This Guru has accused me of being into masonics and being a witch, for which I
know
nothing about and is not true.

I also believe I have run into many, especially in the last 2 years that think
they are
enlightened and they are not, and are therefore stuck in heaven. Those who have
gone the
full distance will tell you that the ones stuck in heaven are lost.

For the third time, you have just seem my beliefs.