In a message dated 8/7/07 8:38:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Well,  that's exactly the same response we got from Pontius Pilot at
the  time:
'So, you are the King of the Jews, huh, Jesus, that's what I hear  on
the street?'
'So, let's see you perform one of your miracles,  Jesus,
Especially the one that is going to get you out of here,  alive..."
"Ha, ha!"
"Can't perform Jesus?, Well, I'll just wash my  pretty Roman hands of you!"

Umm , I think you're mixing up Pilot with Herod and confusing the story.
Herod wanted to see a miracle. Pilot asked him "what is truth" and then gave
into the demands of a mob that wanted him dead.