Turq, thanks for your answer (below) and thanks, too, for the other
serious and "noble" and shit, "poontang" may actually be the best
answer after all.)

But to get back to the original intention behind the question, and to
dialogue a little more with you, Turq, I think that my own answer
isn't too different from yours, if at all.  And as New Morning
suggested, my 'one' most important teaching does actually scatter into
a cluster of interrelated ones.

However, if I extract the one element that fully informed the most
sublime and cosmic of my interior experiences and also look to that
same element as it percolates through and suffuses my everyday life
and radiates outwards, it seems to be love.  My selection for the
highest teaching seems to be the same thing that's been topping the
Top 40 pop charts for as long as they've been around.  All you need is
love.

Kiss it and make it feel better.  Don't be afraid, Mommy is here now.
 Trust me, I'll catch you.  Don't worry, I'll take care of it.  Here,
let me get that for you.  Are you allright, can I help?  Here's a
dollar, it's all I've got right now.  No problem, man, it was an
accident.  I understand.  Happy to help.  You're welcome.  Thank you.

Marek

**