--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> I can get up to about 15MPH comfortably for at least a few miles,
> cruise for hours at about 10MPH, and climb up to a 17% grade hill.
> One can carve a three foot wide sidewalk, or do huge 20 foot wide
> "swaths of Doom."  It's all fun.
>
> Here's me doing about 10 - 15 MPH going up a 12% hill and back down:
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=KbXRXYxo-Zk

[snip]

If the youtube vidoe of you is any indication of how this contraption
works, Duveyoung, I predict you've got about 6 months of life left
before you're run over.

I can't imagine anything more dangerous than this swerving, non-airbag-
equipped, non-rear-view-mirror-equipped, exposing-the-entire-body,
moving target collection of soldered metal.

Why don't you just paint a sign on your chest that says: "hit me with
your SUV because this heap of junk is designed to continually swerve
into traffic."

Forgetting for the moment that when you ride this thing you're
continually breathing in the exhaust fumes of the cars that whiz by you
without any benefit of a filtering system, can the drivers of the other
vehicles that share the road with you be happy with someone swerving
into their lane and line of vision?

Psychopaths in gun-control states must be frothing at the mouth in
excited anticipation of the appearance of this invention because they
won't have to worry about being guilty of road rage because, without
the benefit of a firearm, they can kill you with inpunity: "Hey, the
idiot just SWERVED into my lane...I couldn't avoid him if I wanted to!"

I can only imagine what will happen to our roadways once we have a
Trikke lobby.  Those 3-feet-wide bicycle paths common on many urban and
suburban streets will be widened to 20 feet and the cars will be
limited to the width of a path made for Hudson Metropolitains and
tricycles.

"Go play in traffic" should be the catch phrase of this emerging
technology and they should rename it "The Swerving Dervish".