But...but...but...I'm ENLIGHTENED! Doncha
watch TV??!!!

One-way streets are so unevolved! Why should
we who have evolved past that point have to
pay attention to laws that bind lesser humans?
Not us! We're tuned into a *higher* law, the
laws of nature! This is stupid...it's almost
like trying to suggest that WE, as special as
we are, should actually follow the rules that
apply to lesser, unevolved people like your-
selves! Like posting...uh...speed limits and
stuff like that. This is so UNFAIR! Why don't
you understand how SPECIAL we are??!!

< sound of handcuffs clicking shut >

JACKSON, Mich. (Aug. 24) - Austin Nichols , the
title character in HBO's "John From Cincinnati,"
was arrested early Friday on suspicion of drunken
driving.

The 27-year-old actor was stopped by police about
2:40 a.m. after being spotted driving a silver
Mercury Mountaineer the wrong way down a one-way
street in the city, said Jackson police Lt. John
Holda.

An officer smelled alcohol and, after conducting
sobriety tests, took Nichols into custody. A breath
test later indicated he had a blood-alcohol content
of 0.10 percent, Holda said.

The legal limit for drivers in Michigan is 0.08
percent.

Nichols, who also appeared in "Deadwood," was held
at the Jackson County Jail and released about 8:40
a.m., said Jackson County sheriff's Lt. Carl
Carmoney. He wasn't arraigned and was expected to
appear in court at a later date.

If convicted of drunken driving, Nichols could face
up to 93 days in jail, a $500 fine and community
service.

A call seeing comment Friday from Nichols' publicist
was not immediately returned.